There are many reasons why you need to meditate:
- To have quiet time in your busy life
- As a way for you to relax and de-stress
- To improve your performance in sport or at work
- To maintain your health, vitality and energy levels
- To help you through physical or mental illness
- To help with improving sleep patterns
- To help manage your emotions
- To improve your relationships
- To simply live a happier and more meaningful life
Meditating is proven to improve your memory, enhance creativity and lead to a more positive attitude generally.
Also, meditation can decrease depression, anxiety and moodiness as well as help to resolve addictions.
Often overlooked but just as important are the emotional improvements you may feel, such as the proven ability to feel more empathy and openness towards others and to give and receive love more readily.
Meditation is proven to positively influence the whole nervous system.
It fosters a well-balanced immune system, and is proven to help cope with and even overcome illness and pain.
Meditation is also proven to reduce muscular tension, decrease high blood pressure and stress hormones, and it is very beneficial for those who find it difficult to sleep.
Many people from different cultures and traditions have used meditation to connect more deeply with the inner truth of who we really are.
Whether or not you are looking for spiritual meaning, many experienced meditators describe a blissful inner peace and connectedness to all life.
It is a freedom that is difficult to describe but is there to be discovered in all of us.